Hey all!
Bob here. I finally got around to figuring out this blog stuff. For those of you who know me, you'll understand how big of an achievement that is. As you all know, Sep and I are traveling to Vietnam in about 4 weeks. Sep, being the guy that he is, has thought meticulously about everything that he's bringing. Well, so have I. So, I thought I would share a few pictures of things that I plan on bringing with. Though, you may see some differences in what we're bringing, you will begin to see some very subtle similarities too.
First of, I've got my suitcase!
See those stickers? Yup... they're real.
Though most people would have gone for the traditional hiking pack, I thought I would bring good 'ol trusty "green box" as I like to call it.
So... you might be asking yourself... "I wonder what Bob will be using to keep himself occupied during the long flights?"
Ta-da! My portable radio!
Look at the speakers on this thing! I got a pretty good deal on it too!
See all of those adjustments for treble and bass? Quality... right?!
Now... I know what you're thinking... "Bob is crazy... how can he possibly bring that cool of a radio to Vietnam?! He's gonna need a ton of batteries!" Well, you're right. But, I'm not worried about lugging around a bunch of big batteries. Not since I got these sweet boots!
See...! Now you're not so worried about me lugging around the batteries are you?!
See the metal on the front? Yup, you guessed it... built-in brush guards! We're gonna be around the jungle you know.
Clothes... clothes.. clothes.. I know Sep is wearing all of this fancy Polyester hiking clothes. But I've done a lot of research on the weather over in Vietnam. You know that famous line "It's not so much the heat... but that gosh-darn humidity!" Well, what's the best thing for humid areas??You guessed it right again... a sweater!
I know... I know... you're jealous. My Grandma sure loves me! Maybe she'll knit you one for next year?! She's working on a new design for our fall trip.
We've covered my suitcase, radio, boots, and clothes. But what am I going to use to remember this trip with?! That's a good question. I know Sep is taking about 30 lbs of this fancy camera gear... computers... and hard-drives... Not me! I've got a better plan. I found a very rare camera last week. It actually develops the picture right after you take it! No more going to Walgreens for prints... no more rolls of film. That stuff is for the birds.
Check this baby out!
Yes folks, you are reading correctly. That is the Polaroid Supercolor 600! I know! Color!
Who would've thought you could take pictures in color!?
Lastly, since I don't know any Vietnamese, I thought it would be handy to have a translator. After countless hours searching on the internet, I found this dandy.
See on the right, those are different languages. So, if we get lost and end up in Cambodia or something... I've got that language too!
Well, there you have it. That's what I'm taking with to Vietnam. Like I said, a little different than what Sep is taking, but see the similarities now?! I guess we'll just have to wait to see who planned better. Psssttt..... Between you and me... I think he's gonna be sorry!
Sep also made a post about things he wanted to see while in Vietnam. This too, varies a little between he and I. I guess it would be cool to see some of those things, but I want to see a little more culture while in Vietnam. I want a different kind of history. Let me take you on a short picture tour.
First, and foremost the most important destination for me.
This rock.
Why this rock? Well, let me tell you. Sep wants to see these massive islands... almost 1,000 islands together. What he doesn't know, is that this rock has some serious history behind it. Before the guy who took this picture, no one saw it. I don't mean it was invisible... i mean no one cared about this rock. But, wah-lah! It's on the internet one-day and now it's one of the best kept secrets of Vietnam. Hardly anyone knows it's there. Except me. And now, you.
Second most important spot.
You know this place don't you!? You're sitting there looking at it and saying "Where have I seen that corner before?!". I'll give you another second to think about it.................................. give up?
I'll give you a hint. "Me love you long time!" Yup! This is the famous corner where they shot that scene! I know... the jealousy is there again isn't it?
Last spot I must see while in Vietnam!
This is the first market in Vietnam history to sell both Coca-Cola and Pepsi in the same storefront! Think about the possibilities here. A Coke in one hand and a Pepsi in the other!
This is common day stuff for us in America but do you have any idea how big of a cultural difference this little store made to the Vietnamese people?! Let's have a moment of silence for the true genius of this idea..............................................................................................................
Speechless? Me too.
Well there you have it folks. My first blog about our trip to Vietnam.
Still reading? Ok good. Well, if you haven't noticed yet, I've got quite a strange sense of humor at times. Just in case you didn't know, this particular post was a joke. Just imagine... Sep's gotta spend two weeks putting up with me... hahaha! Anyways, one of these days I'll put a true post up here. Until then, Xin chào!
Sep... I understand if you delete this! :-P









hilarious. i'll give you $10 if you find a sweater like that and wear it for a day on the trip. at first, you may say "only $10?" but as you think more about it, you'll realize that's about three nights worth of hotels...
ReplyDeletegot you thinking, don't i...
nice accoutrement!
ReplyDelete